Get involved in the award winning Loughrea Medieval Festival. Listed in the independent.ie Travel Independent as 1 of ‘7 free things to do in Ireland this Heritage Week’. Loughrea Medieval Festival ‘Loughrea 780’, 26th-28th August, 2016, in partnership with The Heritage Council, Irish Walled Towns Network and Galway County Council.
This is a wonderful opportunity to give back to the community and enjoy being part of Loughrea’s biggest family, cultural and heritage event.
The success of the festival depends heavily on the commitment of dedicated volunteers, and the volunteer committee need your help to make the Loughrea Medieval Festival weekend a great one.
We are now accepting applications for Volunteers for the following:
- Providing information to the general public (various times throughout weekend)
- Crowd control and safety for certain events
- Stewards for Grand Clan Parade (Sunday, 28th August)
- Stewards and assistance for Loughrea Walled Towns Day (Sunday, 28th August)
The main volunteer tasks on the day will include
- set-up, take down and on-site maintenance
- street team
- duck race line sales
- games area
- audience survey
- general volunteer jobs on the day
Please note, all volunteers must be over 18. If interested in helping out, please email firstname.lastname@example.org